If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a 3D Generalist to join our Virtual + Interactive Solutions group and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as a Technical Artist, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Machine Learning and Visual and Communications.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state of the art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces eight years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Work with other artists and developers in a fast paced, project-oriented workplace.
- Create polished 3D models based on a variety of source materials, including photo reference, CAD, BIM, 3D scan data, or other sources. These models may be highly diverse, including environments, characters, industrial equipment, robotics, commercial products, medical instruments, and many other types of objects, all dependent on our current project needs.
- Optimize high-resolution 3D models for use in desktop and mobile real-time rendering applications (Unity, Unreal Engine, WebGL, etc.), particularly VR and AR.
- Create custom textures and materials, and apply them to models (UV unwrapping, etc.) These are typically realistic, though we do work on stylized content from time to time.
- Set up both dynamic and baked lighting within a virtual environment based on project needs.
- Help rig and animate articulated models (typically mechanical elements but also some characters).
- Work with project managers to balance workload and effectively manage time across multiple projects.
- Communicate issues and roadblocks with the rest of the team.
- Receive, interpret, and implement feedback quickly and effectively.
- Share techniques with peers and help mentor other artists in areas you excel.
- Approach unique challenges with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Strong artistic fundamentals
- Proven experience with 3D modeling (preferably in 3DS Max and/or Maya) and creating textures and materials (preferably in Substance Painter)
- Rigging and animation skills preferred
- Familiarity with game engines, especially Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new skills and processes
- Organized and methodical, with good attention to detail
- Open to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team including developers, engineers, project managers, and other non-artists
- High degree of professionalism and ability to work well with clients and other external stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable self-sufficiency and self motivation
- Portfolio (or web link) of your work is required for review during the interview
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement: Design, Animation or Art degree from a 4 year school (or comparable) and at least 3 years of active work experience in a game art, 3D animation, or similar role.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
If you are passionate about technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete the online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.