If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking an Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Developer to join our Software + Solutions team and build cutting edge visualization tools and simulations. We are working on everything from interactive product marketing demos to advanced virtual prototypes of mechanisms and processes.
About you: You're driven, love playing with the latest technology, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You not only have world-class skills as a developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for an international customer base since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to a have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, company outings, fun contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces five years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Working in a small project-oriented development team to create custom AR and VR experiences for enterprise use cases (engineering, biomedical, marketing, training, etc.) in Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Collaborating with other developers and clients to evaluate project needs and come up with clever solutions
- Setting up virtual environments for a wide range of AR or VR scenarios, depending on the project type
- Implementing user interfaces based on mockups and storyboards
- Crafting intuitive user interactions for both novice and experienced users
- Writing well-documented, reusable code in C++, C#, or other languages as necessary
- Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
- Using industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Jira, Trello, etc.)
- Participating in project planning and team code reviews
- Keeping up with the latest trends and advancements in augmented and virtual reality
Applicants for this position must have a good working knowledge of Unity and/or Unreal Engine (both are used at Kinetic Vision; Unity is our engine of choice for most use cases, but Unreal utilization is increasing). Additionally, good candidates should have:
- Familiarity with standard AR and VR hardware, software, best practices, and design patterns
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts (linear algebra, matrix multiplication, quaternions, etc.)
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming and coding best practices, especially in C# and/or C++
- Knowledge of game engine concepts such as lighting, shaders, materials, meshes, scripting, etc.
- History of working collaboratively on multi-person teams with source control and (ideally) issue tracking
- Creativity in finding solutions to abstract design problems, particularly with respect to translating real-world concepts and interactions into VR
- Capacity to prioritize tasks through self-directed time management and organization
- UI/UX ability and experience a plus
- Nice to have: general familiarity with industry-standard 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Substance, etc.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement:
Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or game design degree from a 4 year school or 3+ years game development experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Company-Paid Health Insurance (HSA) or Premium Share (PPO)
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Business Casual Environment
- Wide Variety of Interesting and Challenging Projects
- Collaborative Team Environment
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.