If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking an Art Director to join our Virtual + Interactive Solutions group and help provide design and direction for virtual reality, augmented reality, and other interactive, graphics-intensive applications, as well as related animation and motion graphics.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as an Art Director, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting-edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Modeling and Simulation and Machine Learning and Training Data.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state-of-the-art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Develop concepts and content by producing mockups, storyboards, mood boards, rapid prototypes, and other materials to sell stakeholders on ideas and provide direction to production artists
- Direct and guide existing creative teams and production
- Help to maintain style and art direction throughout production to ensure visual consistency
- Solve problems through visuals and creative interactions in partnership with other team members
- Collaborate with clients to identify their project requirements and solidify their vision into actionable work plans
- Work with project managers to set project priorities, schedules, task assignments, and long term vision
- Partner with UI/UX designers and developers to lay out the user experience
- Participate in production as necessary
- Field client questions and help control the revision cycle to avoid scope creep
- Solid understanding of artist tools and basic project tracking software
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate within multi-departmental teams
- High degree of creativity and ability to ideate on the fly
- Organized and methodical, with attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong writing and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency, self-motivation, and be an independent worker
- Possess professionalism required to work directly with clients as well internal and external teams
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a clear understanding of shape language, drawing fundamentals, and knowledge of color, value, and form
Education minimum requirement: Design, Animation, or Art degree from a 4-year school and/or at least 5 years of recent active work experience in game art, 3D animation, or similar role.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.