If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our Product Design + Development team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, are comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, and are looking for a great place with great people to build your career.
About Us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for an international customer base since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to a have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. Life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, fun contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces five years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Successfully manage import and export of data into PLM
- Support the creation and modification of 2D and 3D CAD data
- Design basic test methods and execution strategy
Required Skill Sets:
- Basic CAD skills in 2D drafting and 3D modeling
- CATIA and SolidWorks, or proficiency in comparable software is a plus
- Prototype manufacturing, with experience building and debugging
- Experience in mechanism design
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaborate within multi-departmental team
- Innovative with strong analytical problem solving and conceptual design skills
- Strong writing and oral communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism that is required to work directly with clients and internal and external teams
- Proficiency with project planning and adaptable to changing project requirements and schedules
- Experience in new product development
- Organized and methodical with attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaborate within a multi-departmental team
- Past demonstration of self sufficiency/self motivation and able to work with minimal supervision
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement:
- Minimum of a two-year technical degree with concentration in mechanical design
- We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, and work experience
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Company-Paid Health Insurance (HSA) or Premium Share (PPO)
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Flexible Schedule Available
- Business Casual Environment
- Variety of Projects
- Collaborative and Dynamic Team Environment
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.