If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Analyst to join our Modeling + Simulation team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, are comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a great place with great people to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as a CFD Analyst, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting-edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Machine Learning and Visual and Communications.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state-of-the-art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Utilize a deep understanding of flow physics to solve challenging problems.
- Develop and run CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) models for a wide variety of industry applications.
- Interpret results and make design and process recommendations.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship for individuals on the CFD team.
- Develop and run physical experiments to validate fluid models.
- Interact frequently with external customers. Effectively convey CFD capabilities and develop technical approaches to resolve customer challenges.
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging, collaborative, highly creative, and technical environment.
- Proficiency with Ansys Fluent. Experience with a variety of other CFD packages is a plus (e.g., FLOW-3D, Altair CFD, OpenFOAM, M-Star, STAR-CCM+, SU2).
- Breadth of fluids-related industry experiences.
- Hands-on lab and testing experience. Proficient with lab equipment and instrumentation.
- Strong communicator. Ability to demonstrate solid technical competence along with empathy, taking ownership of customer problems as if they are your own.
- Proactive. Self-motivated to research, learn, and tinker.
- Team player.
- Experience with other related technical disciplines is helpful:
- Structural mechanics and finite element analysis
- Heat transfer
- Scripting and automation in Python
- Statistics, numerical analysis, and data engineering
- Mechanical design, prototyping, and CAD
- Machine learning
Education minimum requirement: Minimum of a four-year engineering degree in mechanical, aerospace, or biomedical engineering. Minimum of two years of relevant training/experience with CFD software.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.