If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Design + Product Development group and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as an Electrical Engineer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Software and Solutions and Virtual Reality.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state of the art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Design, simulate, prototype, and test electronics in analog, digital, and RF systems for IoT, robotics, distributed sensing, and embedded control applications
- Architect robust and flexible electronic systems to translate customer requirements into executable product specifications
- Identify and down-select components to implement system architectures for cost, size, and power constrained products
- Architect and execute designs through the prototype lifecycle from BOM generation to external vendor fabrication
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of electrical, mechanical and firmware engineers to solve technical problems and deliver engineering solutions
- Highly proficient in the use of PCB design software (Eagle, Altium, PADS, Cadence, KiCad, or similar)
- Component creation/library management
- Schematic capture
- Board layout
- Experience with mixed signal simulation in SPICE simulators (LTspice, TINA Ti, Multisim, or similar)
- Proficient with the use of standard lab equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, and electronic loads for system or component functional testing, characterization, and qualification
- Experience integrating advanced microelectronic devices such as microcontrollers, RF modules, MEMS devices, and other diverse sensors into a system
- Experience with optimizing electronics designs for low power operation
- Ability to write simple test firmware for industry standard MCU families (Texas Instruments, STMicroelectronics, Microchip/Atmel, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail with a desire for excellence
- Desire to stay on the leading edge of tools and techniques of a rapidly changing field
Kinetic Vision has a diverse client-base and we work on a wide variety of projects. To ensure we are meeting client needs, we are interested in engineers who are versatile and who have a broad range of experience. Being familiar with the following skills is a plus:
- Experience with regulatory and consortium qualification and compliance testing (FCC, Bluetooth, USB, etc.)
- Experience with the use of RF test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, and RF function generators
- Experience with embedded firmware development and debugging
- Experience with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.)
Education minimum requirement: 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field and 2-5 years relevant experience.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- Company-subsidized health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and professional development
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.