If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Firmware Engineer to join our Product Design + Development team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, are comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a great place with great people to build your career.
About us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, company outings, fun contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces five years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Work with an agile team of software and hardware developers to develop embedded solutions to support a wide variety of product development applications
- Actively contribute as a developer on production applications
- Collaborate with fellow developers to architect robust, maintainable, well-documented code that will be used and reused in the long term
- Interact directly with clients of varying levels of technical expertise to understand their needs, define requirements, and deploy solutions
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.)
- Conduct project planning and facilitate team code reviews
This position will entail extensive in-person communication with other engineers, developers and clients, so good soft skills are a must-have. On the technical side, applicants for this position should have a variety of experience with firmware development for embedded applications, including experience with many of the following:
- C/C++ development, e.g. using Code Composer Studio, IAR, Keil, or Visual Studio for Embedded IDEs
- Following and developing coding and documentation standards
- Experience with tools for issue tracking, documentation, static code analysis, and unit testing
- Ability to analyze and understand an existing codebase to troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues
- Familiarity with electrical test and measurement equipment
- Basic robotics or mechatronics experience
- Familiarity with the STMicro and TI microcontroller ecosystems
- Hardware debugging skills
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Education minimum requirement: B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering and at least 2-5 years of related experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, and work experience.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Flexible schedule available
- Business casual environment
- Variety of projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.