If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking an IP and Contracts Attorney to join our management team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a great place with great people to build your career.
About Us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to a have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. Life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, fun contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces five years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Working directly with company executive management, including the Senior Vice President, the in-house counsel will be responsible for taking a leadership role in driving all legal aspects of our business.
- Intellectual Property responsibilities include: drafting, negotiating, interpreting, and managing IP related agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements, IP provisions in commercial agreements, and drafting, filing and managing patent and trademark applications before the USPTO and foreign counterparts.
- With the consulting nature of our business, there are a significant number of contract negotiations required to finalize proposals, including property rights, confidentiality provisions, jurisdiction, and other terms.
- Responsibilities will also include general law necessary to run a mid-size company, including vendor contract maintenance, compliances, and human resources law.
- This position will concurrently manage outside counsel as needed for specific expertise required for specialized technical fields.
- The ideal candidate will have 2 to 10 years of experience in a corporate environment or at a law firm.
- Strong knowledge of patent law, including patent research, IP development, and patent filings. Direct experience with USPTO personnel is a plus.
- Experience in contract negotiations and processing for small to medium-sized service-based businesses.
- Experience with federal contracts, SBIR contracts, and understanding compliance requirements necessary for ITAR and other State and Federal government certifications is highly desirable.
- Experience and Interest in new technologies as applied to software and product development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism that is required to work directly with clients and internal and external teams
- Organized and methodical with attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaborate within a multi-departmental team
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Additionally, the candidate must meet the requirements necessary to perform work under ITAR regulations.
Education minimum requirement:
Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited school. The candidate must have a current license to practice law in Ohio.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning platforms
- Flexible schedule available
- Business casual environment
- Variety of projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
If you are passionate about the law as applied to technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete the online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.