Mobile Developer – Team Lead
If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Team Lead-Mobile Developer to join our Virtual + Interactive Solutions group. This is an opportunity to lead interesting mobile software that includes everything from augmented reality apps to engineering support tools that streamline productivity.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You not only have world-class skills as a developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting-edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state-of-the-art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Lead a project-oriented development team to create custom applications for enterprise use cases (engineering, manufacturing, biomedical, etc.)
- Plan and conduct project kickoff meetings and regularly lead client meetings
- Provide technical guidance to junior developers and engineers
- Interact with clients to understand project requirements and technical background information
- Write well-documented, reusable code to support business logic, intuitive user interactions, data management, and other functionality for mobile applications
- Accurate translation of UI/UX design from mock-ups and storyboards to applications
- Participate in the testing process by writing automated unit and functionality tests, manually testing complex scenarios, and collaborating with expert users and software testers to perform QA and validate beta and production builds prior to release
- Diagnose, document, and fix bugs reported by testers and users
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking technologies (Git, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.)
- Participate in project planning and conduct team code reviews
- Keep up with trends and advancements in mobile development and related technology
Applicants for this position should have a good working knowledge of real-world programming, including experience with:
- Having in-depth knowledge and high proficiency in Swift, Xcode, Objective-C and C#
- Writing optimized, object-oriented code for mobile applications
- Designing and implementing mobile UI/UX using native iOS, native Android, and/or HTML + CSS
- Collaborating with graphic designers to implement graphics-heavy user interfaces
- Working on multi-disciplinary teams, with an ability to communicate development issues and technical concepts to non-developers
- Structuring code and assets in a well-organized, easily maintainable way using source control
- Managing application testing and QA processes
- Signing and deploying applications to clients
Kinetic Vision has a diverse client base and we work on a wide variety of software development projects. To ensure we are meeting client needs, we are interested in developers who are versatile and who have a broad range of experience. Being familiar with the following skills is a plus:
- Deploying mobile applications to corporate mobile device management (MDM) systems and public app stores
- Experience with augmented reality (AR), particularly ARKit and/or ARCore, and other real-time graphics technologies (iOS native, Unity, Unreal Engine, WebGL, etc.)
- General 2D and 3D graphics experience in software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Blender, Maya, etc.
- Ability to use UI/UX mockup tools such as UXPin and Sketch
- Experience connecting external hardware to mobile applications via Bluetooth, WiFi, or serial communication
- Embedded development experience (C, etc.)
- Scripting and automation capabilities (Python, shell scripting, etc.)
Education minimum requirement:
Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or comparable degree from a 4 year school or 5+ years software development experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
Other Requirements: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- State of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.