If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking .NET Desktop Developers to join our Software + Solutions team and assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new Windows desktop applications.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a great place with great people to build your career.
About us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. Life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, fun contests, cookouts, and half-day Fridays during the summer. Putting our employees first has earned us a place as one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces six years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Work on a project-oriented development team to create custom applications for enterprise use cases (engineering, manufacturing, biomedical, etc.)
- Design and implement custom graphical user interfaces
- Interact with clients to understand project requirements and technical background information
- Write well-documented, reusable code to support business logic, user interactions, simulations, data management, visualization, and other functionality
- Participate in the testing process by writing automated unit and functionality tests, manually testing complex scenarios, and collaborating with subject matter experts and software testers to perform QA and validate beta and production builds prior to release
- Diagnose, document, and fix bugs reported by testers and users
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking technologies (Git, Jira, Trello, etc.)
- Participate in project planning and team code reviews
- Keep up with trends and advancements in software development and related technology
Applicants for this position should have experience with enterprise software development skills and practices, including:
- Coding with .NET Framework in C# or VB.NET using WPF and/or Window Forms
- Strong understanding and application of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Ability to architect software for extensibility, maintainability, and ease of validation/verification (e.g. MVC GUI architectures)
- Developing scalable, multi-threaded .NET GUIs with status/progress feedback
- Algorithm development, especially for math-heavy engineering use cases involving linear algebra and the transformation of 2D and 3D geometry
- Source control (Git preferred)
- Unit, integration, and automated user interface test development
- Computer graphics development (VTK, OpenGL preferred)
- Software optimization (profiling, processing performance, CPU and GPU parallel processing, memory usage, etc.)
- Good documentation skills, with the ability to write requirements, developer documentation, and user documentation
- Working on multidisciplinary teams, with an ability to communicate development issues and technical concepts to non-developers
Kinetic Vision has a diverse client-base and we work on a wide variety of software development projects. To ensure we are meeting client needs, we are interested in developers who are versatile and who have a broad range of experience. Being familiar with the following skills is a plus:
- .NET Core
- C++ desktop development, particularly using Qt
- Software development and compliance activities for high-risk applications (medical, automotive, aerospace, financial, etc.)
- Internet of Things (IoT) and embedded development (C, Arduino, TI, etc.)
- Scripting and automation (Python, shell scripting, etc.)
- Experience conducting vector and/or raster pattern processing
- Real-time computer graphics (OpenGL, VTK, etc.)
- Build server automation (Jenkins, etc.)
- Cloud computing platform and services (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with CAD modeling, finite element analysis (FEA) simulations, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations, or other engineering-related software
- Database design and interaction (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
Education minimum requirement: Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or comparable degree from a 4 year school or 3-5 years desktop development experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
Other Requirements: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Flexible schedule available
- Business casual environment
- Variety of projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
If you are passionate about technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete an online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.