If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking Python Developers to join our Software group and work with subject matter experts to architect a software infrastructure comprising scripts, libraries, and desktop applications that will support physical testing and validation, data visualization, and other engineering use cases.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as a Developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Machine Learning and Virtual Reality.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state of the art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Join an agile team of engineers and software developers to write Python scripts, libraries, and small applications in support of a variety of engineering-related needs
- Collaborate with fellow developers to architect robust, maintainable, well-documented code that will be used and reused in the long term
- Interact directly with clients of varying levels of technical expertise to understand their needs, define requirements, and deploy solutions
- Work effectively both at the Kinetic Vision office in Evendale and on-site at client facilities in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Participate in the testing process by writing automated unit and functionality tests, manually testing certain complex scenarios, and collaborating with subject matter experts to perform QA and validation
- Diagnose, document, and fix bugs reported by testers and users
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.)
- Participate in project planning and team code reviews
This position will entail extensive in-person communication with other developers and clients, so good “soft skills” are a must-have. On the technical side, applicants for this position should have a good working knowledge of real-world Python programming (not just tutorials or class work), including experience with many of the following:
- Python 2 and Python 3, typically using Anaconda
- User interface design and implementation using Qt and QML (via PyQt)
- Object oriented design principles
- Following coding and documentation standards
- Using package managers (PIP, Conda, etc.) to set up and maintain Python environments
- Common scientific and engineering Python libraries, such as NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, etc.
- Deploying Python applications in both Windows and Linux environments
- File input/output and data serialization
- Networking, especially UDP-based data transfer methods
- Source control best practices, particularly using git
- Software testing and QA
While this job posting is seeking a developer with Python experience, Kinetic Vision has an extremely diverse portfolio of ongoing software projects ranging from web development to embedded systems to mobile applications to machine learning to AR/VR. Thus, experience with other languages and programming paradigms beyond Python is a plus, particularly C++ or C#. Likewise, we are always interested in applicants with multidisciplinary expertise beyond programming (e.g. engineering, visualization, biomedical, etc.)
Education minimum requirement: Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or comparable degree from a 4 year school or 3+ years software development experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
Other Requirements: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- Company-subsidized health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and professional development
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
If you are passionate about technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete the online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.