If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Web Developer to join our Software + Solutions team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as a Developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Machine Learning and Virtual Reality.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state of the art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces eight years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Take a design/proposal and carry it through to a polished result with good test coverage
- Architecture web applications based on customer requirements
- Set up and provision various servers to run web application servers, databases, and more
- Work from high fidelity mock-ups to develop fully styled web pages using CSS, SASS, and/or LESS
- Build applications with modern technologies including: React/React Native, Node.js, Python (Flask, Django, Tornado, etc. Frameworks), and/or Ruby on Rails
- Develop database diagrams and setup relational databases (PostgresSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Develop and deploy web applications using Docker
- Implement unit tests using modern testing libraries and frameworks
- Setup and deployment of web applications on cloud based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Aid in helping diagnose/explain user-reported bugs and fix existing bugs
- Review code written by other developers and provide feedback
- Quickly get up to speed and understand legacy applications in order to make improvements or bug fixes
- Write documentation around features and operations to help share knowledge and save other developers time
- Mentor junior web developers on standards and best practices
- Help define and modernize web development work processes and standards where needed
- Provide guidance on new industry trends
- Proficient with Linux operating system
- Comfortable learning and using new and modern web frameworks, libraries, and tools
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaborate within multi-departmental team
- Organized and methodical with attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency, self motivation, independent worker
- Possess professionalism required to work directly with clients and internal and external teams
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement: Computer science, computer engineering, or information technology degree from a 4 year school or 5+ years web development experience.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.