If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Simulation Engineer to join our Modeling + Simulation team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as a Simulation Engineer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Machine Learning and Virtual Reality.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state of the art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces eight years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Collaborate with team members and clients to creatively solve problems in a wide variety of industries using advanced Modeling & Simulation tools
- Develop and run finite element models to analyze complex structures and systems
- Assess simulation results and make design updates for optimized performance
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets using numerical analysis and business analytics tools
- Execute and lead multiple ongoing projects while staying within project budgets and schedules
- Leverage and develop automation to efficiently solve problems
- Effectively communicate and work within cross-disciplinary teams
- Keep up with the latest tools and programs and adapt quickly to new work processes
Kinetic Vision has a diverse client-base and we work on a wide variety of projects. To ensure we are meeting client needs, we are interested in engineers who are versatile and who have a broad range of experience. Being familiar with the following skills is a plus:
- Experience with analysis packages such as LS-DYNA, Abaqus, ANSYS, HyperWorks, or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of structural mechanics, materials, thermodynamics, and fluids
- Scripting and automation (Python, shell scripting, etc.)
- Experience with 3D CAD packages and part/mechanism design (SolidWorks, CATIA, etc.)
- Analytical thinking skills
- Statistics and numerical analysis tools (JMP, PowerBI, Tableau, Minitab, MATLAB)
- Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced team members and leverage their skills throughout the group/company
- Ability to efficiently work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and management in a courteous , professional manner
- Ability to break complex projects into manageable, defined tasks with associated scopes and completion timelines
- Ability to devise creative solutions without losing focus on the defined scope and timeline
- Ability to effectively communicate with their direct supervisor in a consistent manner
- Perform self-motivated technical research and self-training as needed
Education minimum requirement: Minimum of a four-year engineering degree in mechanical, aerospace, or biomedical engineering. Minimum of two years of relevant training/experience with Modeling & Simulation software such as Abaqus, Ansys, Hyperworks, LS-Dyna or equivalent
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.