If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking Software Developers to join our Software team and create interesting software ranging from desktop applications to complex websites, mobile apps to server-side automation, augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) to embedded systems.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as a Developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Machine Learning and Virtual Reality.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state of the art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Work on a project-oriented development team to create custom applications for enterprise use cases (engineering, manufacturing, biomedical, etc.)
- Interact with clients to understand project requirements and technical background information
- Write well-documented, reusable code to support business logic, user interactions, simulations, data management, and other functionality
- Participate in the testing process by writing automated unit and functionality tests, manually testing complex scenarios, and collaborating with expert users and software testers to perform QA and validate beta and production builds prior to release
- Diagnose, document, and fix bugs reported by testers and users
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking technologies (Git, Jira, Trello, etc.)
- Participate in project planning and team code reviews
- Keep up with trends and advancements in software development and related technology
Applicants for this position should have a good working knowledge of real-world programming, including experience with:
- Writing optimized, object-oriented code for web, desktop, or server-side applications
- Having in-depth knowledge and high proficiency in Python and/or C# or C++
- Working on multi-disciplinary teams, with an ability to communicate development issues and technical concepts to non-developers
- Structuring code and assets in an organized, easily maintainable way, using source control
- Managing software testing and QA processes
Kinetic Vision has a diverse client-base and we work on a wide variety of software development projects. To ensure we are meeting client needs, we are interested in developers who are versatile and who have a broad range of experience. Being familiar with the following skills is a plus:
- Mobile development on iOS and Android (Swift, Objective C, Java, etc.)
- Internet of Things (IoT) and embedded development (C, etc.)
- Scripting and automation (Python, shell scripting, C++, etc.)
- Real-time computer graphics (Unity, Unreal Engine, OpenGL, etc.)
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)
- UI/UX design and/or implementation ability, particularly using .NET, Qt, native iOS, and HTML + CSS
- Advanced mathematics such as linear algebra and vector calculus
- Experience with CAD, finite element analysis (FEA) simulations, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations, or other engineering-related software
- 2D and 3D graphics experience in software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Blender, Maya, etc.
Education minimum requirement: Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or comparable degree from a 4 year school or 3+ years software development experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
Other Requirements: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- Company-subsidized health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and professional development
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Start of the Art high tech facility
If you are passionate about technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete the online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.