If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Technical Art Director to join our Visual + Communication group and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You not only have world-class skills as an artist, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for an international customer base since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to a have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. Life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, company outings, fun contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces seven years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Lead a team of skilled technical artist and provide creative direction on day to day projects and tasks
- Develop and mentor a team of technical artists
- Manage project schedules
- Manage and establish internal processes
- Research and develop new and existing capabilities
- Generate high-quality 3D models based on a variety of source materials, including photo reference, CAD, and scan data, among others.
- Optimize high-resolution 3D models for use in desktop and mobile real-time rendering, particularly VR and AR.
- Texture and materialize game assets.
- Work with dynamic and baked lighting on a variety of game environments.
- Work with other developers and artists in a fast paced, project-oriented workplace
- Create high-quality models and environments for real-time use cases in a variety of projects
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate within multi-departmental teams
- Organized and methodical, with attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong writing and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency, self motivation, and be an independent worker
- Possess professionalism required to work directly with clients as well internal and external teams
- Portfolio (or Link) of your work is required for review during the interview
Education minimum requirement: Design, Animation or Art degree from a 4 year school and at least 5 years of active work experience in a game art, 3D animation, or similar role.
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.