If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong at Kinetic Vision. We are seeking Unreal Engine Developers to join our Virtual + Interactive Solutions group and build visualization software ranging from polished mobile apps to interactive trade show exhibits to advanced real-time simulations to immersive virtual reality (VR).
About you: You're driven, love playing with the latest technology, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You not only have world-class skills as a developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, company outings, fun contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces seven years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Work on a project-oriented development team to create custom Unreal Engine 4 applications for diverse use cases (engineering, scientific visualization, marketing, training, etc.)
- Aid project managers in scoping and task estimation
- Collaborate with other developers to evaluate project requirements and design clever implementations of the desired functionality
- Write well-documented, reusable C++ and Blueprints following best practices
- Build tools and automation for use by other developers, technical artists, and clients
- Work with technical artists to prepare scenes, meshes, and animations
- Implement user interfaces based on mockups and UI/UX designer direction
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Jira, etc.)
- Diagnose, document, and fix bugs reported by testers and users
- Participate in team code reviews
- Keep up with the latest trends and advancements in rendering, physics, and other real-time technologies
Applicants for this position must demonstrate a good working knowledge of Unreal Engine and game/simulation development in general. Additionally, ideal candidates should have several of the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in object oriented programming (OOP) in C++ and other languages
- Real world experience with source control and issue tracking software
- Capacity to prioritize tasks through self-directed time management
- Strong organizational skills
- History of shipping/deploying software, including at least one Unreal application
- Experience developing Unreal Engine 4 applications for Windows and/or iOS
- Ability to set up and develop novel lighting scenarios, materials, and shaders
- Knowledge of advanced GPU functionality, such as NVIDIA PhysX, NVIDIA FleX, or real-time ray-tracing
- Expertise with other game engines, particularly Unity
- Strong grasp of linear algebra, matrix math, quaternions, etc.
- Ability to develop scripts and automation using Python
- Experience with native iOS development (Swift preferred) and deployment
- Familiarity with VR hardware, software, best practices, and design patterns
- Creativity in finding solutions to abstract design problems, particularly translating real-world concepts and interactions into simulations or VR
- Experience working with character animations and/or motion capture
- Performance debugging and optimization skills
- UI/UX design and implementation ability
- Knowledge of industry-standard 3D graphics software, such as 3DS Max, Maya, Substance, etc.
- Familiarity with engineering simulations, CAD software, and/or machine learning
- Experience with Unreal Studio/Unreal Datasmith
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement: Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or game design degree from a 4 year school or 3+ years game development experience. We will also consider applicants with an equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Flexible schedule available
- Business casual environment
- Variety of projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
If you are passionate about technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete the online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.