Visual Media Specialist
If you’re curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Visualization Media Specialist to join our growing Marketing group. You’ll work directly with seasoned strategic and creative thinkers in shaping the next evolution of our brand. You’ll work across the company with each of our technology groups and will help to create impactful video and visual media to support for our company and our clients. If you’re looking for a place to grow and showcase your talents, this is it!
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place to work with great people’ and to build your portfolio. Above all, you love all things video and visualization and know that creating great work actually shapes how people think about products and brands.
About Us:Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting-edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state-of-the-art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
As the Visualization Media Specialist, you will be the lead on strategizing and planning the delivery of impactful creative work for each division in the company. You’ll also be expected to roll up your sleeves and execute and deliver studio-quality videos, photos, and 3D visual media for use internally and externally. This is a significant role in the marketing group where you’ll help drive the direction of our creative efforts, and help deliver quality visualizations that will enable Kinetic Vision to stand out from competitors. Other specific responsibilities include:
- Producing videos that will be utilized for internal communication and in the multiple screens in our new building, as well in external vehicles including for website, social media, trade shows, our YouTube channel, and in outbound public relations platforms.
- You’ll create videos that are 4K+ that feature interviews, technology, products, and company culture.
- We have core equipment, but will also look to the Visualization Media Specialist to help build out our portfolio of professional-level equipment.
- Modifying and upgrading our new Video Studio space will enable this position to literally create an optimal space for studio production.
- You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the video product including planning, filming, audio capture, editing, visual effects and post production, and delivering video in packaged formats ready for various internal and outbound marcom.
- The position also requires still photography of tabletop items (products, mechanisms, awards, etc) as well as environment shots and photos of our executives and employees.
- You will work with two other marketing team members to help on larger productions, but you will be the person on point for ‘making it happen!’
- Regularly collaborate with marketing team, the Visualization team, and Senior Executives.
- This position reports to the Marketing Lead with a co-report to the company’s Creative Director.
- Strong ability to quickly assimilate information, craft a creative strategy, develop a comprehensive project approach, and effectively communicate it to stakeholders across the company.
- The position will need to have expert level skills in all aspects of production, including: using the full functionality of a DSLR/Video camera, audio equipment setup and capture, lighting, directing talent, editing which includes visual effects, music selection, and relevant and brand-right titles and artwork, and final delivery in multiple formats.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and Video Editing Software (Premier Pro), AfterEffects, and color balancing software.
- Knowledge and proficiency with 3D software tools.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate within multi-departmental teams
- Organized and methodical, with attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency, self-motivation, and be an independent worker
- Possess professionalism required to work directly with clients as well internal and external teams
- Portfolio (or web link) of your work is required for review during the interview. It is critical that we understand what part of your portfolio you actually performed.
- Be fast and efficient but with accuracy and intention
- Be able to work on multiple projects and manage your time well to reach deadlines
- Must know the other ‘tools of the trade,’ – sound recording, lighting, use of rails, and the software tools for capture, editing, rendering, and manipulation.
- Ability to work remote and on-site, with a plan to be on-site most of the week
- A self-starter, enthusiastic, personable, willing to learn, and implement feedback
- Fluency in English
- Ability to lift and manipulate video equipment and rigging.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement:
Video Production, Animation Visualization, Visual Media, or Art degree from a 4 year school and at least 5 years of active work experience in video production or similar role.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- State of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.