If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking an Applications Engineer to join our Metrology + Inspection group and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, are comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenges, and want to find a great place with great people to build your career.
About us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, company outings, fun contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces nine years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Interact with the production team and project management on a regular basis
- Demonstrate the knowledge or willingness to learn skills to perform work with laser scanners, CMM, industrial CT, and other general metrology equipment
- Conduct minimal scripting and coding tasks
- Design and create custom fixtures and modifications for existing IP
- Ability to innovate and troubleshoot existing processes and technologies
- Operate all equipment safely and properly
- Process parts and equipment under defined procedures
- General procedures for working in a technical laboratory environment
- Conduct documentation and data post-processing activities to support final analysis of data
Previous Recommended Work Experience:
- Experience with 3D scanning, engineering, or technical lab environments
- Comfortable or familiar with laser scanners, CMM, and other general metrology equipment
- Comfortable or familiar with robotics (specifically UR-10 Cobot)
- Preferable if familiar with software packages of PolyWorks Inspector, Volume Graphics, MCOSMOS
- Data tabulation and coding experience is preferred
- Quality Control/Engineering Design/Inspection background is preferred
Education minimum requirement: 2 year degree or equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, and work experience.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work environment available
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- State of the Art high tech facility
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.