If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking an Electromechanical Systems Engineer to join our Product Design + Development team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, are comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a great place with great people to build your career.
About us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, company outings, fun contests, cookouts, and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces six years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Recommend and configure electrical systems to support fundamental project objectives
- Lead the sign-off process of hardware and software systems and the perception algorithms that use them
- Research and understand the software used to interpret sensor data
- Participate in all aspects of the design process from brainstorming to design reviews
- Consider technology readiness and manufacturability during the design process
- Help develop processes to deliver robust electromechanical systems
- Ensure documentation is up to date for both technical and business scope of projects
- Advise on design, debug, and test execution
- Analyze test data to ensure requirements are met
- Lead technical discussions with interdisciplinary teams, vendors, and customers
- System level electromechanical integration experience
This position will entail extensive in-person communication with other engineers, developers and clients, so good soft skills are a must-have. On the technical side, applicants for this position should have knowledge of the hardware and firmware development process, including many of the following:
- CAD programs such as Solidworks, Siemens NX, Fusion360, and CATIA
- Exposure to PCB development utilizing programs such as Altium, Cadence, OrCAD, Eagle, or KiCAD
- Experience with technical document and presentation creation
- Familiarity with component selection using website tools such as Digikey and Mouser
Education minimum requirement: B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering. Minimum of 3+ years as an electromechanical engineer. We will also consider applicants with equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, and work experience.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Flexible schedule available
- Business casual environment
- Variety of projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.