If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Lead Industrial Designer to join our Innovation + Industrial Design team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You not only have world-class skills as a designer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to a have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, company outings, fun contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces seven years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Interface with Kinetic Vision’s global clients to develop breakthrough products
- Drive industrial design functions including brainstorming, sketching/rendering, 3D development, design presentations
- Manage team members from multiple disciplines and work directly with clients
- Improve our Client’s products through continual refinement and deployment of human factors and user interface
- Write documentation around features and operations to help share knowledge and save other developers time
- Develop people using advanced tools and project coaching to create superior products that provide great consumer experiences
- A strong, original portfolio of creative work from concept to market
- Excellent 2D skills in sketching, Photoshop, etc.
- Advanced 3D Visualization skills in Solidworks, ProE, etc.
- Ability to engage and deliver design data to Engineering, Manufacturing, and Marketing
- Knowledge of prototyping and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work directly with clients
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams
- Ability to inspire others; take direction from Creative Directors
- Understanding of global trends, technology and fashion
- Organized and methodical with attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong, unique, communication and visualization skills
- Self-managing, motivated and entrepreneurial nature
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement: 5+ years of experience and a degree in Industrial Design. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Flexible schedule available
- Business casual environment
- Variety of projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
If you are passionate about technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete the online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.