If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Mobile Developer to join our Virtual + Interactive Solutions team and create interesting mobile software that includes everything from augmented reality apps to engineering support tools that streamline productivity.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, are comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenges, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You not only have world-class skills as a developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting-edge products and technology for local, Fortune 500, and global companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. Life at Kinetic Vision includes sports teams, fun contests, cookouts, and half-day Fridays during the summer. Putting our employees first has earned us a place as one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces seven years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Work on an agile, project-oriented development team to create custom applications for enterprise use cases (engineering, biomedical, marketing, etc.)
- Collaborate with other developers, artists, and engineers
- Interact with clients to understand project requirements and technical background information
- Write well-documented, reusable code to support business logic, intuitive user interactions, data management, and other functionality for mobile applications
- Translate UI/UX designs from mock-ups and storyboards into application functionality
- Participate in the testing process by writing automated unit and functionality tests, manually testing complex scenarios, and collaborating with expert users and software testers to perform QA and validate beta and production builds prior to release
- Diagnose, document, and fix bugs reported by testers and users
- Use industry standard source control and issue tracking technologies (Git, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.)
- Participate in project planning and team code reviews
- Keep up with trends and advancements in mobile development and related technology
Applicants for this position should have a good working knowledge of real-world programming, including experience with:
- Writing optimized, object-oriented code for mobile applications
- Designing and implementing mobile UI/UX using native iOS, native Android, Unity, and/or HTML + CSS
- Collaborating with graphic designers to implement graphics-heavy user interfaces
- Working on multi-disciplinary teams, with an ability to communicate development issues and technical concepts to non-developers
- Structuring code and assets in a well-organized, easily maintainable way using source control
- Managing application testing and QA processes
- Signing and deploying applications to clients
Kinetic Vision has a diverse client-base and we work on a wide variety of software development projects. To ensure we are meeting client needs, we are interested in developers who are versatile and who have a broad range of experience. Being familiar with the following skills is a plus:
- Deploying mobile applications to corporate mobile device management (MDM) systems and public app stores
- Familiarity with web development and cross-platform web app architecture, including cloud back ends such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Experience with augmented reality (AR), particularly ARKit and/or ARCore, and other real-time graphics technologies (iOS or Android native, Unity, Unreal Engine, WebGL, etc.)
- General 2D and 3D graphics experience in software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Blender, Maya, etc.
- Ability to use UI/UX mockup tools such as Figma, UXPin, or Sketch
- Experience connecting external hardware to mobile applications via Bluetooth, WiFi, or serial communication
- Embedded development experience (C, etc.)
- Scripting and automation capabilities (Python, shell scripting, etc.)
Education minimum requirement:
Computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or comparable degree from a 4 year school and/or 3+ years software development experience. We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Flexible schedule available
- Business casual environment
- Variety of projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.