If you're curious, passionate, and multi-disciplined, you belong here. We are seeking a Real Time Simulation Developer to join our Software Development team and help make a difference.
About you: You're driven, love achieving results, comfortable juggling multiple assignments, prefer collaborative environments, thrive on challenge, and want to find a 'great place with great people' to build your career. You are seeking an opportunity to connect with the biggest brands, including the top companies in the Fortune 500. You not only have world-class skills as a Developer, you continually strive to be an expert in your field.
About Us: Kinetic Vision is a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions. We have a deep history of developing cutting edge products and technology. Employees working at Kinetic Vision have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in high-tech fields such as Machine Learning and Virtual Reality.
The key to our success is our focus on developing great people and products by providing the tools, training, and opportunities to grow. We are committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports technical understanding and recognizes contributions and achievement of all team members. We value our employees and want them to have a healthy balance between their personal and work lives. In addition to competitive compensation and generous benefits, life at Kinetic Vision includes a hybrid work environment providing opportunities for collaborating with subject matter experts, a state of the art facility, company outings, volunteer opportunities, contests, cookouts and summer half-day Fridays. We offer opportunities for professional development and an environment where everyone enjoys the FUN parts of their role. Putting our employees first has enabled us to be named one of Cincinnati's Top Workplaces eight years in a row, and we're proud of that honor.
- Working in a project-oriented development team to create custom real-time, interactive simulations for enterprise use cases (engineering, biomedical, etc.) using the Unity game engine
- Setting up the simulation environment, including object placement, lighting, and scripting
- Using GPU-accelerated physics libraries such as NVIDIA PhysX or FleX to create complex, physically accurate interactions
- Developing compute shaders to replace existing CPU-based calculation pipelines
- Developing and utilizing custom shaders for advanced use cases of texture stamping, mesh tessellation, and analysis of voxelized environments
- Writing well-documented, reusable code to support business logic, interactions, and other functionality within a simulation
- Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
- Using industry standard source control and issue tracking technologies (Git, Jira, Trello, etc.)
- Participating in project planning and team code reviews
- Keeping up with trends and advancements in game engine technology, especially in relation to real-time physics
Applicants for this position should have a good working knowledge of the Unity game engine (those with Unreal Engine experience will also be considered, but will need to show proficiency) and experience with many of following technologies:
- Proficiency with linear algebra, matrix math, and 3D mathematical concepts in general, especially as related to modifying meshes at runtime
- Experience writing optimized object oriented code for game-like use cases in C# or C++
- Shader development experience (Cg, HLSL, OSL, etc.), ideally with the ability to create compute shaders in addition to standard graphical shaders
- History of working collaboratively on multi-person teams using source control (especially Git) and issue tracking
- Experience with game physics, ideally soft body (rope, cloth, etc.) or destructible bodies as well as rigid body
- Familiarity with industry-standard 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Substance, etc.
- Experience with modern virtual reality technology and best practices
- UI/UX design or implementation ability
- Experience setting up game engine lighting and materials
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Education minimum requirement: Computer science, computer engineering, or information technology degree from a 4 year school or 3+ years game engine development experience We will also consider applicants with the equivalent combination of education, technical expertise, training, or work experience.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health insurance (HSA) or premium share (PPO)
- Medical coverage exceeds ACA Platinum Benefit requirements
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Contribution towards health club membership and eLearning Platforms
- Hybrid work schedule
- Business Appropriate/Casual Work Environment
- Diverse portfolio of industries and projects
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- State of the Art high tech facility
If you are passionate about technology and interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us using the online application. Only candidates who complete the online application will be considered. Thank you!
Kinetic Vision is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity, and maintaining a harassment-free workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for open positions, which will receive full consideration regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status. We promise that you’ll always find our spirit to be welcoming, open, and inclusive. Click here for more information on Kinetic Vision's EEO policy.